About the role:
Calian is seeking Family Physicians for contract opportunities at the Canadian Forces Base Petawawa. These positions offer Physicians a rare opportunity to work with Canadian Armed Forces members without having to become members themselves.
As an essential member of the Primary Care Team, you will provide comprehensive primary healthcare services to military members surrounding health promotion, treatment and prevention of diseases and injuries, diagnosis, occupational health, rehabilitation and support services. Additionally, you will provide comprehensive health assessments, education and treatment for members pre and post deployment.
Advantages to working in this unique environment:
• Guaranteed hourly rate allows for patient-focused care
• No overhead costs or clinic fees
• Generous allotment of time for each patient
• Easy access to onsite support services including pharmacy, laboratory, physiotherapy and mental health services
• Work in an environment where no one is left untreated and patient wait times are minimal
• Enjoy a great work/ life balance with regular working hours from 7:30am - 4pm Monday to Friday
Calian welcomes professionals at all stages of their career, including new grads!
• Currently licensed and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario; or
• Eligible for licensure and prepared to pursue licensure within the province of Ontario
Type of Assignment: Full time or part time contract
Calian Group Ltd. has successfully re-won the Health Care Providers Requirements (HCPR) contract for the provision of health support services to the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). Two additional contracts were also awarded for the provision of health support services to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC). The HCPR contract with the CAF is a renewal of the Health Services Support Contract (HSSC) that Calian has held since 2004. The HCPR contract has an initial term of four (4 years) and an option to extend the contract for up to eight (8) additional years for a total of 12 years.Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.