About the role:
Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
Calian is seeking a Primary Care Physician to work 2-3 days per week at Canadian Forces Base Greenwood.
The physician functions as an essential member of the health care team in the provision of comprehensive, multidisciplinary, collaborative primary health care services to the Canadian Armed Forces members. These services include primary care, occupatitonal, minor trauma care, health promotion, prevention of diseases and injuries, rehabilitation and support services.
Advantages to working in this environment:
• Enjoy a great work/ life balance with regular working hours from 7:30am- 4pm
• Generous allotment of time for each patient
• No overhead costs or clinic fees
• Easy access to onsite support services including pharmacy, laboratory, physiotherapy and mental health
• Licensed and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia
• Certification in Family Medicine with the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP)
• Basic Life Support for Health Providers or CPR/AED Level C Certification
• CF Basic Aviation Medicine Certification
Type of Assignment: Part time contract (2-3 days/week)
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.