Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
About this role:
Calian is seeking a Primary Care Physician to work at the Canadian Forces Base Shilo. This position offers Physicians a rare opportunity to work with Canadian Armed Forces members.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Functioning as an essential member of the health care team in the provision of comprehensive primary health care services to the supported population, encompassing health promotion, prevention of disease and injuries, cure, mental health, rehabilitation and support services;
• Performing comprehensive health assessments and synthesizing data from multiple sources to make a diagnosis of a disease or disorder;
• Providing medical attention to military personnel who are sick, wounded or injured;
• Making appropriate medical employment limitation recommendations;
• Performing complete wellness and periodic health examinations including any education/supportive counseling/prescriptive and follow-up requirements;
• Implementing strategies to promote health and prevent illness with individuals;
• Practicing as a member of an interdisciplinary team and consulting with members of other health professions as appropriate in order to ensure the health care needs of the patient are met.
Unique advantages to working in this environment:
• Generous allotment of time for each patient, giving you the opportunity to provide quality care
• No overhead costs or clinic fees
• Work in an environment where no one is left untreated and patient wait times are minimal
• Enjoy a great work/ life balance – no weekends, evenings or on-call
• Licensed and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba
• Certification in Family Medicine with the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP)
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Type of Assignment: Part time contract available (3 days/week)
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.