Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
Calian is seeking a Primary Care Physician for a part time contract at the Canadian Armed Forces Detachment in Sydney. This position offers Physicians a rare opportunity to work with Canadian Armed Forces members.
Advantages unique to working in this environment:
• No evenings, weekends or on-call responsibilities
• Generous allotment of time for each patient
• Quality care without pressure of increased patient load
• Motivated and disciplined patients with a strong desire to follow protocols and get well
Come join a team of over 575 healthcare professionals who have chosen to work with Calian. Work in partnership with the military and maintain the work-life balance you deserve.
• Licensed and in good standing with a College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia
• Certification in Family Medicine with the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP)
• Basic Life Support for Health Providers or CPR/AED Level C Certification
Type of Assignment: Part contract (15 hours/week)
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.