About the role:
Calian is seeking a Primary Care Physician to work at the Canadian Forces Base Gagetown. This position offers Physicians a rare opportunity to work with Canadian Armed Forces members.
The Physician functions as an essential member of the health care team in the provision of comprehensive, multidisciplinary, collaborative primary health care services to the Canadian Armed Forces members. These services include primary care, minor trauma care, health promotion, prevention of diseases and injuries, rehabilitation and support services.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Performing comprehensive health assessments and synthesizing data from multiple sources to make a diagnosis of a disease or disorder
• Initiating and managing the care of patients with a disease or disorder within his/her scope of practice and/or monitoring the ongoing therapy of patients with chronic stable illnesses by providing effective pharmacological, complementary or counseling interventions
• Implementing strategies to promote health and prevent illness with individuals
• Performing periodic health examinations and determining fitness of patients when those patients are faced with acute or chronic illness or disease
• Making appropriate medical employment limitation recommendations
• Practicing as a member of an interdisciplinary team and consulting with members of other health professions as appropriate in order to ensure the health care needs of the patient are met
Advantages to working in this environment:
• Enjoy a great work/ life balance with regular working hours from 7:30am- 4pm Monday - Friday
• Generous allotment of time for each patient
• No overhead costs or clinic fees
• Easy access to onsite multidisciplinary team including: specialists, pharmacy, laboratory, diagnostics, mental health and physiotherapy
• Licensed and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick
Type of Assignment: Part time contract
Calian Group Ltd. has successfully re-won the Health Care Providers Requirements (HCPR) contract for the provision of health support services to the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). Two additional contracts were also awarded for the provision of health support services to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC). The HCPR contract with the CAF is a renewal of the Health Services Support Contract (HSSC) that Calian has held since 2004. The HCPR contract has an initial term of four (4 years) and an option to extend the contract for up to eight (8) additional years for a total of 12 years.
#LI-SH1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.