About the role:
Calian is seeking a Primary Care Physician to work 2 days per week at the Canadian Forces Detachment in Meaford. This position offers Physicians a rare opportunity to work with Canadian Armed Forces members.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Functioning as an essential member of the health care team in the provision of comprehensive primary health care services to the supported population, encompassing health promotion, prevention of disease and injuries, cure, mental health, rehabilitation and support services;
• Performing comprehensive health assessments and synthesizing data from multiple sources to make a diagnosis of a disease or disorder;
• Initiating and managing the care of patients with a disease or disorder within his/her scope of practice and/or monitoring the ongoing therapy of patients with chronic stable illnesses by providing effective pharmacological, complementary or counseling interventions;
• Implementing strategies to promote health and prevent illness with individuals;
• Practicing as a member of an interdisciplinary team and consulting with members of other health professions as appropriate in order to ensure the health care needs of the patient are met.
Advantages to working in this unique environment:
• No overhead costs or clinic fees
• Generous allotment of time for each patient
• Onsite access to multidisciplinary team and support services
• Work in an environment where no one is left untreated and patient wait times are minimal
• Enjoy a great work/ life balance with regular working hours from 7:30am - 4pm
Calian welcomes professionals at all stages of their career, including new grads!
• Licensed and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
Type of Assignment: Part time contract (2 days/week)
Calian Group Ltd. has successfully re-won the Health Care Providers Requirements (HCPR) contract for the provision of health support services to the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). Two additional contracts were also awarded for the provision of health support services to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC). The HCPR contract with the CAF is a renewal of the Health Services Support Contract (HSSC) that Calian has held since 2004. The HCPR contract has an initial term of four (4 years) and an option to extend the contract for up to eight (8) additional years for a total of 12 years.
#LI-SH1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.