About the role:
Our Ottawa based customer is looking for a Pre-Sales Engineer to be a key contributor to their sales process. A successful individual in this role will support one or more Account Executives as a technical subject matter expert and problem solver. They will provide technical vision, understand requirements, develop solution sizing, implement plans and bills of material, while removing any technical barriers in the sales process. Individuals in this role will deliver technical presentations and product demonstrations to individuals and small groups of prospective customers and will practice active and critical listening to qualify a prospective customer and opportunity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Becoming and remaining technically competent in the capabilities, applicability and sizing of the solutions proposed to customers,
• Understanding the technical needs of customers and prospects and tailoring solutions to meet those needs,
• Presenting the solutions to customers, addressing and removing objections and ensuring the customer is fully aware of solution capabilities and fit with requirements,
• Conducting trials of the solutions with customers and communicating the results in a form that is useful in customer decision making,
• Producing documentation like Bills of Material, feature summaries, or architectural documents as needed to support solution selection and implementation.
• Superb written and verbal communication skills in English,
• Strong knowledge of Enterprise Networking technologies and architecture is required; a Cisco CCNA or CCDA certification is desirable,
• 3-5 years previous experience in a sales engineering role is desirable,
• 5-10 years previous experience in a systems or network engineering role, or post-sales services delivery role is desirable,
• Previous implementation experience with one or more SD-WAN vendors, especially Meraki and Talari is desirable,
• Strong knowledge of network device configuration automation technologies and previous demonstrable experience with the implementation of products in this space are required; previous experience with Infoblox NetMRI or a similar package is desirable,
• Knowledge of DNS, DHCP and IP Address Management in an Enterprise or Internet context is desirable; previous experience with Infoblox DDI is desirable,
• Scripting experience in Python, Perl and bash is required; this experience should include interaction with RESTful web services and with interpreting vendor API’s to design and deliver integration scripts.
Type of assignment:
Permanent, full time
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.