Type of Assignment: Contract, full-time
Length of Assignment:6 months
Our government sector client is currently sourcing for a PowerBuilder Developer to perform the following duties:
• Using PowerBuilder power scripts code language
• Maintain PowerBuilder code in the Source Control Management tool
• Using SVN source control tool for the storage of related code
• Develop and work on existing bugs and enhancements identified by clients
• Evaluate application problem areas and provide possible options to increase efficiencies
• Provide impact analysis, assessments and estimates
• Provide recommendations
• Identification of risks and provide plans to ensure minimal negative impact on project results
• Demonstrate a minimum of five (5) years’ experience working as a PowerBuilder Developer (V.9.0 and above)
• Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years’ experience writing system design and system impact assessments
• Experience with a minimum of 5 year experience creating, maintaining Stored Procedures in Oracle 10g and above
• Demonstrate a minimum of 5 year experience using source control management tool with PowerBuilder.
• Experience with a minimum of 5 year experience in multiple branch versions in source control management tool for parallel development and support
• Demonstrated experience with a minimum of 5 year experience preparing release notes and reports.
• Experience with a minimum of 3 years' experience presenting and training other PowerBuilder developers.
• Demonstrated experience with writing unit test scripts
• Must hold a valid Secret clearance.
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.