PowerBuilder System Analyst
Type of Assignment: Contract, full-time
Length of Assignment: 1 year
Our private sector client is currently sourcing for a senior PowerBuilder System Analyst to perform the following duties:
• Create and modify code and software.
• Create and modify screens and reports.
• Gather and analyse data for the conduct of studies to establish the technical and economic feasibility of proposed computer systems, and for the development of functional and system design specifications.
• Design methods and procedures for small computer systems, and sub-system of larger systems.
• Develop, test and implement small computer systems, and sub-systems of larger systems.
• Produce forms, manuals, programs, data files, and procedures for systems and/or applications.
• Analyze functional requirements to identify and provide information, procedures, decision flows and design patterns and describes requirements in terms of Analysis and Design Models;
• Analyze business and system scenarios to create and provide business and/or system Use Cases;
• Perform, coordinate and document impact analysis of technology changes;
• Develop application code;
• 5+ years’ experience within the last 10 years in creating and modifying software using PowerBuilder
• Experience within the last 10 years using Visual Studio .Net and C#.Net.
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience within the last 10 years in building, testing, and supporting Windows applications using PowerBuilder.
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience within the last 15 years writing database stored procedures
Experience using UML tools such as MS Visio ro Rational Software Modeller
Experience analyzing user requirements and writing system use cases.
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience within the last 15 years writing database triggers
• 5+ years’ experience within the last 10 years in creating, modifying and debugging stored procedures.
• Experience within the last 10 years working with IBM Rational ClearCase.
• Must hold a government Secret clearance
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.