About the role:
Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
Our dynamic healthcare teams consist of approximately 800 professionals providing healthcare services coast-to-coast at 30 CAF locations across Canada.
Calian is currently seeking a Physiotherapy Assistant to work at CFB Halifax. In this role you will have the opportunity to aid in the treatment of the Canadian Armed Forces service members. Working within an interdisciplinary healthcare team you will be responsible for the following:
• Support and assist a team of Physiotherapists in delivering services that emphasis injury prevention and health education
• Follow the recommendations of the Physiotherapist in relation to cases that vary from orthopaedic to musculoskeletal to pre and post-surgical and more
• Assist the patient in evidence based exercise programs
• Assist in the sizing of orthopaedic equipment
• Physiotherapy Assistant Diploma
• Suitable experience working as a Physiotherapy Assistant
• Experience working in a sports therapy clinic would be considered an asset
Type of assignment: Monday - Friday
Full-time, 37.5 hrs/week
The clinic is a large and well-equipped facility. This is a unique opportunity: if you think this might be the position for you, please apply today!Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.