Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
About the role:
Calian is currently seeking a Physician Assistant for a contract opportunity at CFB North Bay.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• obtaining medical/incident history and performing focused and comprehensive physical examinations, Periodic Health Assessments and routine medical screenings;
• obtaining and interpreting routine diagnostic tests (such as CBC, chest x-ray and EKG);
• applying rapid intervention in the case of trauma and cardiac emergencies;
• providing health promotion and illness prevention in the areas of basic public, occupational, mental and community health;
• performing therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, minor surgery, splinting and casting fractures; and
• practicing as a member of an interdisciplinary team and consulting with members of other health professions as appropriate in order to ensure the healthcare needs of the patient are met.
Advantages to working in this environment:
Enjoy a great work/ life balance with regular working hours from Monday to Friday from 7:30am- 4pm
Easy access to onsite multidisciplinary team including pharmacy, laboratory, diagnostics, physiotherapy and mental health
• Must have graduated from a Physician Assistant Program accredited or recognized by the Canadian Medical Association
• Possess certification by the Physician Assistant Certification Council of Canada (PACCC) through the Canadian Association of Physician Assistants (CAPA)
• Current membership in good standing with CAPA
• Registered with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
• Basic Life Support for Health Providers or CPR/AED Level C certification
Type of assignment:
Full time contract until August 2020
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.