About the role:
Calian is seeking a Primary Care Physician to work at the Canadian Forces Base Shilo. This position offers Physicians a rare opportunity to work with Canadian Armed Forces members without having to become members themselves.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Functioning as an essential member of the health care team in the provision of comprehensive primary health care services to the supported population, encompassing health promotion, prevention of disease and injuries, cure, mental health, rehabilitation and support services;
• Performing comprehensive health assessments and synthesizing data from multiple sources to make a diagnosis of a disease or disorder;
• Providing medical attention to military personnel who are sick, wounded or injured;
• Making appropriate medical employment limitation recommendations;
• Performing complete wellness and periodic health examinations including any education/supportive counseling/prescriptive and follow-up requirements;
• Implementing strategies to promote health and prevent illness with individuals;
• Practicing as a member of an interdisciplinary team and consulting with members of other health professions as appropriate in order to ensure the health care needs of the patient are met.
Unique advantages to working in this environment:
• Generous allotment of time for each patient, giving you the opportunity to provide quality care
• No overhead costs or clinic fees
• Work in an environment where no one is left untreated and patient wait times are minimal
• Enjoy a great work/ life balance – no weekends, evenings or on-call
• Currently licensed and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba
Type of Assignment: Full or part time contract
Calian Group Ltd. has successfully re-won the Health Care Providers Requirements (HCPR) contract for the provision of health support services to the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). Two additional contracts were also awarded for the provision of health support services to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC). The HCPR contract with the CAF is a renewal of the Health Services Support Contract (HSSC) that Calian has held since 2004. The HCPR contract has an initial term of four (4 years) and an option to extend the contract for up to eight (8) additional years for a total of 12 years.Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.