About Alio Health Services
Alio Health Services is a Calian Group company. We are focused on creating the best experiences for patients, caregivers and the health care industry as a whole.
As a proud Ottawa based company, we allow you to drive your own success with access to new scheduling technology developed in-house. You are just a click away from your next shift!
Together, we are enhancing patient care to positively impact people’s lives everyday.
What are the benefits of working with us?
• Convenient self-serve scheduling technology
• A flexible schedule
• Opportunities of advancement
• Paid training
About the role:
As a Personal Support Worker (PSW) you will assist patients with daily activities in hospitals, nursing homes, or patient’s home. Daily activities may include personal hygiene and grooming, feeding, transferring or positioning, light housekeeping and so on. You should observe for changes in patient’s conditions and summon nursing staff where necessary.
• Must have a PSW certification from an accredited institution
• Must have a valid CPR certificate
• Must have a recent (within the last 1 year) police check for the vulnerable sector
• Must have a negative TB test from within the last 1 year
• Ability to travel to multiple sites, including hospitals, long term care facilities or patient homes
• Must be able to work shifts (day, evening, night)
• Must have a mobile device and access to the internet
• Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds
Type of assignment:
We are currently offering casual/part-time positions with the possibility for full-time hours.
Location: Hospitals, nursing homes, or patients’ homes in the Ottawa area.
#GD-KJ1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.