About the role:
Do you have experience with payroll legislation across Canada?
If so, the Payroll Specialist is the role for you! At Calian you will have opportunity to provide payroll services for all provinces across Canada. This includes delivering the processing of pay, leave and other entitlements for all Calian employees on a bi-weekly basis.
Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Processing multi-jurisdictional salary and hourly payroll in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with company and government policies, terms and regulations using SAP for all Calian business and subsidiaries
• Reviewing bi-weekly payroll posting to general ledger for accuracy
• Preparing and filling of required reports and/or payments to government agencies and other organizations (Sources deductions, Health Benefits, WSIB/WCB and ROEs etc.)
• Acting as back-up to Sr Payroll Specialist to reconcile payroll liability accounts on a monthly basis
• Assisting with updates to the payroll system; modifications, table changes, new wage types, absence and attendance codes
If you're still interested, you must possess the following:
• A post-secondary education in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent is required. CPA designation or education in a field related to payroll management is ideal
• 3 to 5 years' experience as a Payroll Specialist, managing a large automated payroll system to net pay
• Must have experience using SAP
• Solid knowledge of all Canadian legislation affecting payroll and employment
• Solid knowledge of Federal and Provincial payroll and labour laws
• Currently hold or working towards the Certified Payroll Manager (CPM), and/or Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) is considered an asset
Type of Assignment:
Full-time, PermanentCalian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.