About the role:
Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
Calian is seeking a consultant Otolaryngologist to work in the Specialty Clinic at the Canadian Armed Forces Health Services Centre Ottawa (Montfort Hospital).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• performing patient assessments using various investigative methods such as diagnostic imaging of the head and neck, immunologic and genetic testing, specialized laboratory testing including, biopsy and fine-needle aspiration, and estibular and audiological testing in order to generate a diagnosis
• providing preventive and therapeutic interventions to prevent or address ENT related disorders, including counselling on smoking cessation, responsible alcohol use, ultraviolet A/ultraviolet B (UVA/UVB) exposure and protection, and prevention of noise-induced hearing loss
• providing pre-operative instructions and education to patients, surgical interventions, and post-operative care such as sedatives, analgesic, diets, antibiotics, and post-operative instructions
• developing post-operative care and follow-up plans with patients and the multidisciplinary health care team to address patient health care needs including making recommendations on temporary or permanent impairment, restriction, and prognosis
• performing minor surgeries in the Specialty Clinic
• documenting patient encounters and all clinical actions and maintaining the patient health record in a timely fashion in accordance with relevant professional and CAF standards
• Licensed and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
• Specialty certification in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
• Current fellowship with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
• Full hospital privileges at an acute care medical facility to perform surgery
Type of assignment: Part time contract (3 hours/week)Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.