Organizational Change Management Consultant (Health)
About the role:
The IT section requires an Organizational Change Management Consultant (OCMC) for the EMR project. The primary focus will be creating a change management plan that minimizes employee resistance and maximizes employee engagement. This resource will also orient and support the project team with integration of change management activities into their project plans. The key deliverable of this allocation is to develop a set of actionable and targeted change management plans, including but not limited to: review communication plan, develop a coaching plan, review training plan and resistance management plan.
The Organizational Change Management Consultant is responsible for the following:
• Assist the project (change initiatives) in meeting business, schedule and budget objectives.
• Focus on the people side of change – including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures.
• Create and implement change management plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement.
• Work to drive faster adoption, greater ultimate utilization and higher proficiency on the changes impacting employees in the organization so that business results are achieved.
• Act as a coach for senior leaders and executives to help them fulfil their role of change sponsors.
• Support the project team with integrating change management activities into their project plans.
• Apply the change management strategy through planned activities based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change.
• Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
• Review and update the set of actionable and targeted change management plans – including communication plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan and resistance management plan.
• Create a measurement system to track adoption and utilization of the new processes and system.
• A solid understanding of change in a public working environment.
• Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies
• Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
• Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
• Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
• Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
• Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
• Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
• Change Management Professional designation is a plus.
• Change management experience in government is a plus.
• Familiarity with Electronic Medical Records Systems and implementation within health units or other organizations is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to use Office tools, including Visio and MS Project.
Type of assignment:
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.