Operations Support Specialist
About the role:
Do you like technology and all things IT related? Do you like working with your hands?
Then the Help Desk/Operational Support position is the role for you! You will be responsible for providing IT services which comprises of Operations, Requirements and Client Services subsections.
Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Provide 1st and 2nd line IT support to users working on the Defence Wide Area Network (DWAN), the General Purpose Network (GPNet), Internet connected and standalone systems;
• Maintain the condition and performance of all IT equipment – unboxing and configuring computer equipment which may include repeatedly lifting and carrying computer equipment weighing up to 200kgs;
• Maintain the performance of existing software. Install and configure new software;
• Install, administer and maintain Windows 7 operating system and Office 2013;
• Document all incidents and SRs and actions pertaining to incidents and SRs in the provided ITSM tool as per provided SOPs;
• Provide client assistance in person, via telephone or via remote tools such as Proxy or Windows Remote Assistance;
• Document configuration item changes in a configuration management database (CMDB);
• Provide verbal and written reports on problems and resolutions for IT services; and
If you're still interested, you must possess the following:
• Experience as a help desk or service desk analyst, providing remote and on-site (via telephone, remote computer or connection) user desktop IT support for Windows XP or Windows 7 in a large (over 5,000 users) enterprise, corporate or Government environment
• Experience using an Information technology Service Management (ITSM) tool such as Axios Assyst, Magic or Remedy in a help desk or service desk environment
• Having a valid G class Driver’s License (car, van or small truck) from any Canadian province or territory will be considered an asset
• Bilingualism will be considered an asset
• Must already have a valid Government of Canada Secret clearance
Type of Assignment:
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.