Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner to work full time at CFB Esquimalt
Calian understands the importance of a healthy work-life balance. We continually strive to create a positive impact on our employees’ quality of life. We have unique opportunities to work in a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong focus on teamwork. This position offers:
• Generous allotment of time for booked appointments, giving you the opportunity to provide quality care
• A fully functional clinic with access to diagnostic and support services within the clinic or the local community
• Regular weekday hours with no evening or weekend work (Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4 pm)
• Attractive and competitive compensation
The Nurse Practitioner is a key member of the primary health care delivery unit team, working in collaboration with their multi-disciplinary team members to promote health protection and deliver quality care for serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces.
• Performs comprehensive health assessments using sound clinical, judgment, diagnostic and therapeutic skills
• Practices autonomously, and is solely accountable for his/her actions while practicing
• Consults with physicians or other health care professionals when the client’s condition requires care beyond the scope of NP practice
• Makes appropriate medical employment limitation recommendations in accordance with the Surgeon General’s guidelines
• Prescribes medications and orders x-rays, ultrasounds, and lab tests in accordance with the Standards of Practice for RN’s in the Extended Class
• Implements strategies to promote health and prevent illness with individuals, families or groups
• Collaborates on the management of Members with stable chronic illnesses (such as diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia and asthma) through a predetermined referral process
• Refers patients to other providers or programs according to the patient’s needs
• Registered as a Nurse Practitioner within the province of British Columbia
• A minimum of 1 full time equivalent year of clinical experience
• CPR/AED Level C certificate
• Work independently as a nurse practitioner, performing advanced health assessment, diagnosis, therapeutic interventions and health care management of various acute and chronic illnesses.
Type of Assignment: Full time contract
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.