About the role:
Network design and troubleshooting.
• Understanding of routing protocols (VLAN, RSTP, BPDU, 802.1x, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, Spanning Tree, Ether/port channel);
• Understanding of routing protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF,BGP);
• Full knowledge of IPv4 vs. IPv6;
• Security: Cloud Security (Zscaler), IPS/IDS, Juniper SRX, CheckPoint, Palo Alto, LTM F5s;
• Switching / Routing: Juniper EX, Ciena WWP, Cisco 7Ks/5Ks;
• Wireless: Aruba Controllers, Access Points, 802.11 technology, ClearPass;
• Basic to advanced knowledge of Cloud connectivity and SD-WAN;
• Network tools: Wireshark, Solar Wind, Splunk, PRTG;
• Understanding of physical layer copper and fiber optics: single mode vs. multimode, SFP types, patch panel systems.
Type of assignment:
Contract to hire – 6 months contract to start and then switch to a permanent position
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.