About the role:
Our Ottawa based customer is currently looking for a full time Network Automation Specialist. The successful candidate will be involved in numerous customer projects each year as a technical subject matter expert and problem solver. They will engage closely with system administrators, system engineers, and managers during projects with customer organizations. They understand customer requirements and goals, develop implementation plans and strategies, and are responsible for the configuration and deployment of solutions. They will be required to provide training, technical presentations and product demonstrations to individuals and customers and practice active and critical listening to qualify a prospective customer and opportunity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Successful configuration of solutions to meet the specific objectives and goals of the customer,
• Design and architecting solutions which meet specific customer needs,
• Maintain an elevated level of competence in the capabilities, applicability, configuration and sizing of the solutions proposed to customers,
• Understand the technical needs of customers and tailor implementation plans and strategies to meet those needs,
• Develop automation scripts using Python, Perl, CCS as required to effectively address customer needs,
• Present the implementation plans and requirements definition to customers, addressing and removing objections and ensuring the customer is fully aware of solution capabilities and fit with requirements,
• Create prototypes of the solutions when required and present or communicate the results in a form that is useful in customer decision making.
• Previous implementation experience with one or more IT management solutions,
• Strong knowledge of Enterprise Networking technologies and Software development and scripting,
• Strong knowledge of network device configuration automation technologies and previous demonstrable experience with the implementation of products in this space are required,
• Previous experience with Infoblox NetMRI, NetBrain, Solarwinds or a similar management solution is desirable,
• Knowledge of DNS, DHCP and IP Address Management in an Enterprise or Internet context would be an asset,
• Scripting experience in Python, Perl and bash is mandatory requirement; this experience should include interaction with RESTful web services and with interpreting vendor API’s to design and deliver integration scripts,
• University and/or College Diploma: Computer Science, Engineering, Software Development or other related field,
• This role will require regular travel in Canada, the USA, and Europe; the successful candidate must be able to enter other countries without restriction and have a valid Canadian passport,
• Some activities in this role may require Federal Government of Canada security screening up to and including Level II (Secret); the successful candidate must be able to pass the security screening process.
Type of assignment:
Permanent, full time
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.