Medical Radiation Technologist
About the role:
Calian is seeking a Medical Radiation Technologist to work at the Bowden Institution, in Innisfail Alberta with Correctional Services Canada
This position provides a Medical Radiation Technologist the opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary clinical environment. The successful applicant will be examining inmates within a safe and secure setting.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
• Conduct diagnostic imaging examinations
• Collaborate with interdisciplinary team on appropriate diagnostic imaging examinations
• Perform administrative duties related to diagnostic imaging services and examinations
• Monitor imaging equipment for optimal performance
• Medical Radiation Technology diploma
• Licensed as a registered Medical Radiation Technologist in Alberta (Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technologists and Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologist)
• Certification with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
• 1 year of experience as an MRT working in a clinic or hospital as a Medical Radiation Technologist performing general, special, emergency, interventional, and operative radiology examinations observing safe radiation protection practices or procedures.
Type of assignment:
Part-time 4 hour clinic/once a week
#LI-JD1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.