About the role:
Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
Calian is seeking an Medical Radiation Technologist to work at CFB Petawawa
This position provides a Medical Radiation Technologist the opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary clinical environment. The successful applicant will enjoy serving military patients as part of a comprehensive and collaborative team of healthcare professionals outside of a hospital setting.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
• Conduct diagnostic imaging examinations on Canadian Forces personnel
• Collaborate with interdisciplinary team on appropriate diagnostic imaging examinations
• Perform administrative duties related to diagnostic imaging services and examinations
• Monitor imaging equipment for optimal performance
• Medical Radiation Technology diploma
• Licensed as a registered Medical Radiation Technologist with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario
• Certification with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
• 2 years of experience as an MRT working in a clinic or hospital as a Medical Radiation Technologist performing general, special, emergency, interventional, and operative radiology examinations observing safe radiation protection practices or procedures.
Type of assignment:
Contract, Full Time
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.