About the role:
We are seeking an IT Application Development Manager who will be responsible for the suite of College Student and Faculty Applications, which includes the Customer Relationship Management System (Salesforce), SharePoint and custom applications.
• Works with the College’s Directors, Academic Deans, Departmental Managers, the Students’ Association and the Registrar to develop and support the Student and Faculty applications required to meet the College’s Information Management vision and strategy.
• Works with College Deans, Directors, Chairs, Managers and other stakeholders to manage the application portfolios for each application to ensure that the development and support activities are aligned with the College’s and the clients business and strategic objectives.
• Works in conjunction with the ITS management team, ensures that policies, procedures, processes and client service delivery is consistent and seamless across teams for ITS service delivery.
• Manages the Student and Faculty Application team including contract staff in developing, maintaining and supporting the Colleges business critical applications.
• Develops and manages annual budget ($2.0 to 2.5M), which includes both operating and capital expenditures.
• Ensures that resource allocation is in-line with College priorities
• A four-year Bachelor’s degree or three year diploma in Business or Computer Science
• Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or Training in ITIL Foundations is required
• At least 6 years of IT or Business leadership working with teams supporting enterprise business systems. Preferably in a commercial enterprise systems environment
• Managing personnel, operations and capital budgets in excess of $2M annually
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in business analysis and development, including financial analysis, management and development, with preference for experience in providing integrated information support to medium sized corporate executives and users
• 8 years’ experience working with systems and application development
• Ability to work effectively with upper management, peers and front-line staff
• Ability to provide presentations to senior executives about technical service delivery strategies, issues and options
• Strong communication, project management and financial management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent client service skills
• Excellent conflict resolution skills
• Excellent writing and analytical skills
Type of Assignment:
Permanent, Full Time
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.