About the role:
The M&A Associate is part of the Mergers and Acquisitions team at Calian, and is responsible for understanding the business and growth strategies of each division, researching the market, working with external partners and presenting findings and suggestions for merger and acquisition prospects to the executive team and business leaders.
Additionally, the M&A Associate participates in all phases of the M&A process including, due diligence, execution of the transaction and developing and implementing integration plans to ensure long term success.
Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Meets with the leadership team and advisors to determine business requirements and potential opportunities
• Collaborates with senior management on all prospecting activities, including identifying M&A targets within the business’s market that aligns with the company’s strategy
• Plays a strategic role to help position the business with potential targets
• Conducts research and gathers qualifying information, including meeting with prospective firms
• Formulate and analyze financial reports based on information obtained, and prepares various scenarios to help establish potential deals
• Identify the potential risks and impacts a deal may have on the organization with corresponding solutions
• Prepare customized presentations for business executive teams
• Assist the leadership team in preparing an offer, including offer documentation (i.e. LOI, Share Purchase Agreements)
• Participate and lead negotiations on various business points
• Develop and implement integration plans that support the core strategy and sets the M&A up for success
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Economics
• 5-10 years’ experience in in a financial or accounting role at the transactional level
• Experience participating in M&A
• Experience demonstrating capability in negotiating financial deals
• An eye for detail in drafting agreements and conducting due diligence
• Demonstrated experience in analyzing statistical, operational, and financial data
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong written and spoken communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple initiatives at once
• Must be able to gather, prioritize and analyze information skillfully
• Ability to think at both detail and summary levelsCalian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.