About the role:
Do you know what "Life Cycle Management Specialist (LCMS)" means?
If so, the Life Cycle Manager Specialist position is for you! The principle objective is to maximize effectiveness and efficiency while minimizing the LCC associated with the support of their assigned material. In addition, they must provide the technical data and advice necessary for senior managers and equipment users and other logistics managers to make informed decisions regarding the disposition of their material.
Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Manage obsolescence on current equipment;
• Assist in the development of equipment requirements and specifications for SOW’s;
• Assist with the development and implementation of test, verification and validation procedures;
• Assist with the development, implementation and advise the Technical Authority on optimization of equipment maintenance policies and procedures;
• Liaise with Engineering and Operational Test Establishments and other support agencies to provide technical subject matter expertise on applicable equipment;
• Liaise with users of the LCMS’s equipment and with other LCMSs managing other shared or integrated equipment
• Enter, verify and review materiel data in DRMIS;
• Maintain adherence to the Technical guidelines and provide technical advice to assist the Technical Authority in conducting Risk Assessments in support of Technical Investigations;
• Verify, review and confirm integrated logistics support arrangements to support the technical
requirements of the equipment being managed;
• Perform life cycle costing and options analysis as directed by the TA to optimize the efficiency of the equipment; and
• Provide recommendations to reduce or mitigate negative Hazardous Material or Environmental impacts of the equipment management program.
If you're still interested, you must possess the following:
• Be eligible for a Government of Canada Secret Level II security clearance;
• Must have a secondary school graduate diploma/certificate;
• A minimum of 5 years of experience as an LCMS; and
• Experience using DRMIS to enter, verify and review materiel data.
Type of Assignment:
#LI-TT1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.