About the role:
Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
The primary care team at Canadian Forces Health Services Pacific located in Vancouver at 4050 West 4th Avenue is seeking a full time Licensed Practical Nurse to join the team and provide healthcare to serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces.
• Collaborative Shared-Care Model
• Daytime clinic hours
• Time for Administrative Duties
• Range of Presenting Issues
Key Duties Include:
• Perform triage assessments of patients during walk-in hours and patient assessments, which include medical or incident history, physical examinations, vitals signs measurement, and vision acuity testing
• Perform nursing interventions such as taking vital signs, applying aseptic techniques such as sterile dressing and ensuring infection control, and conducting specimen collection
• Developing a nursing care plan based on the result of the assessments, communicating any changes or abnormal findings of the patients’ condition or status, and referring to a physician or other health care provider as required
• Administering medications as per doctor’s orders and provincial scope pf practice while observing and documenting therapeutic effects, assist in treatments and procedures with physicians or other health care providers
• Perform therapeutic injections and wound care, administer and monitor established respiratory therapy and IV therapy, and prepare patients for minor surgery procedures
• Provide health education to patients including pre-operative and post-operative patient teaching such as clinical and procedural instructions and comfort care
• Perform administrative tasks such as written or telephone responses to patient queries, preparation of medical files for physicians or other health care providers, and return of the medical files to the health record department
• Monitor all medical supplies and inventory including ordering and replenishing
• Clean all patient care areas between patients, and clean, sterilize, and package surgical instruments
• Graduate from a Practical Nursing Program and licensed and in good standing as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals
• Current BLS for Heath Provider or CPR Level C Certification
• 1 year of full-time experience in the last 3 years in nursing practice conducting patient assessment and providing direct nursing care for a broad range of diseases in an adult population in a primary care setting or ambulatory care setting
Type of assignment:
Full Time, Contract, 37.5 hours per week
Clinic Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4pm
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.