About the role:
Calian works closely with the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Forces to develop effective e-Learning and distance learning courseware. We have an opportunity for a qualified Learning Designer to join our team at CFB Trenton, working as an expert in learning with the RCAF to design and strategize distance learning and content.
Duties would include:
• Conducting needs assessments;
• Assisting in specifying the required training and education outcomes in terms of essential on-job performance;
• Produce effective learning instructional materials;
• Conduct beta testing and formative evaluations;
• Prepare instructors for the use and implementation of learning instructional materials into training programs and record development costs;
• Evaluate instructional materials for the possibility of conversion to eLearning (in whole or in part)
Education & experience:
• A graduate degree specializing in education, e-learning, or distance learning and 5 years’ experience in course design (including 2 years designing eLearning products);
• An undergraduate degree in education, e-learning, or distance learning and 7 years’ experience in course design (including 2 years designing eLearning products);
• A diploma or degree in any field, and 9 years’ experience in course design (with 2 years designing eLearning products).
Additional experience criteria:
• Experience in a lead role, creating and conducting needs assessments;
• Producing qualification standards;
• Providing instructional analysis (ex. creating a plan or developing a proposal);
• Providing or developing method and media analysis;
• Evaluating a course for conversion to e-Learning;
• Experience with any of the following:
o Modest 3D;
o Articulate Storyline;
Type of assignment:
This is a long-term contract position offering competitive compensation and full-time hours.
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.