About the role:
• Install routers, switches, servers and test equipment in a lab environment.
• Function as a Windows OS / Linux Systems Administrator.
• Tasks include router / system / test equipment configuration and troubleshooting.
• Work directly with clients to service delivery requirements and system functionality.
• Understand unique requirements of each Business Unit supported and work with the Engineering managers in delivering each groups specific requirements.
• Work closely with the Lab Administration team, providing logistical support to lab clients.
• Strong understanding of Cisco IOX, Cisco Routers and Switches.
• High familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Knowledge of Automounters NFS, TFTP, FTP, DNS, NIS+.
• Knowledge of server-based operating systems, Ethernet, TCP/IP, subnetting and routing protocols.
• Knowledge of LAN switching and configuration of VLAN’s and Spanning Tree Protocol.
• Knowledge of implementation and monitoring of network security.
• Competency with server applications, WINS, DHCP, domain controllers, software deployment, group policies, etc.
• Knowledge of anti-virus and patch management strategy.
Type of assignment:
Contract, full time – 3 months to start plus option for multiple extensions every 3 months
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.