About the role:
Our valued client is currently looking for a Java Developer who would be responsible for analysis, development, integration, testing, implementation, documentation, training and maintenance of new and existing systems, databases and integration software in support of system development. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Conducting requirements analysis
• Designing, coding and testing new software
• Developing software to interface microcomputer software products with mainframe applications in a networked environment
• Analyzing, identifying, and resolving hardware, software and communications problems
• Monitoring the use of existing applications to ensure that the software is operating at an optimal efficiency
• Organizing and performing required maintenance and enhancements of software
• Minimum 5 years of Java development experience
• Honours Degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Minimum 5 years of experience with many of the following technologies: Oracle, Java, Unix, HTML, PHP, Visual Basic, C++, JCL, PL/SQL, Data Warehousing, Windows NT/2003.
Type of assignment:
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.