About the role:
Our Federal Government client has an upcoming requirement for an Intermediate Web Tester to perform the following duties:
• Develop and maintain key planning documents including schedules and plans;
• Extend, simplify and harmonize the current web architectures to reflect proposed changes including data, security, and application layers;
• Identify and document business requirements through a collaborative effort involving key stakeholders;
• Develop enhancements to web applications, websites and Content Management Software (CMS) to improve content discovery, page rendering, web functionalities;
• Provide support for implementing enhancements to web applications, websites and CMS to improve content discovery, page rendering, web functionalities;
• Provide support for web applications and CMS solution by troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving issues and bugs;
• Provide support and guidance to enhance the web architecture of the web applications and CMS to improve reusability and ease of maintenance;
• Develop enhancements to web applications and CMS to enhance the architecture;
• Provide support and guidance to integrate Cloud solutions;
• Develop enhancements and new features to the web applications integrating cloud solutions;
• Provide support for implementing the Treasury Board Templates, including the integration and testing of Web Experience Toolkit (WET) components;
• Provide support for the Government of Canada (GoC) web standards compliance (WCAG, Interoperability and Usability) and content migration activities; and
• Provide knowledge transfer and capacity development for the teams supporting the WCMS and search tools.
• Clearance: Enhanced Reliability
• Language: English or Bilingual
• A minimum of 5 years of experience testing internet web applications developed for the GoC including functionality testing (this cannot be a static display).
• A minimum of 5 years of experience testing GoC websites against the Treasury Board Secretariat’s common look and feel WET toolkit (release August 2010).
• A minimum of 5 years of experience testing websites against the WCAG 2.0 level A and AA.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience testing PDFs against the WCAG 2.0 level A and AA.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience producing quality control test results reports.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience with the following:
- Firefox or Chrome
- Firefox add-on Wave
- Firefox add-on Web Developer
- PAC 3.0 for PDFs
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Adobe Experience Manager - Forms Designer
- WCAG validator for HTML5
- WCAG validation of PDF forms
Type of assignment:
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3,000 professionals working on projects that span Canada, U.S. and international markets. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services as well as within the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex systems to the communications and defence sectors. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.