About the role:
Our Federal Government client currently requires an Intermediate Project Manager to perform the following duties:
• Conduct installations / deployments, maintenance, resolution of hardware and software problems, system backups and user training as directed by manager.
• Deploy and configure Blackberry and Samsung devices, MS Surface Pro Tablets, Laptops, Work Stations and/or other IT equipment according to IT Service desk specifications and instructions.
• Help maintain a current knowledge base by adding new information and modifying and/or deleting existing information. The maintenance of this information will be determined by the IT Client Service Desk manager.
• Provide timely, efficient and professional service to all clients to ensure client satisfaction.
• Maintain daily issues log and list of user’s documents
• Resolve all network connectivity and internal technical problems.
• Maintain accurate records and logs of users, equipment serial numbers, service records, maintenance agreements, warranties, wiring schemes and network problems and solutions.
• Assist in training users to use MS Surface Pro Tablets, Laptops, Desktops, mobile devices, peripherals and related software.
• Maintain technical manuals on mobile device activations
• Create problem tickets, enter the history of the problem and subsequent resolution if resolved at the Service Desk, on the problem reporting system for all calls and emails received
• Provide technical advice and system support to users to optimize their use and integration of computer network services
• Provide systems administration, operational support, including provisioning user accounts, user access rights, as well as backup and recovery for day-to-day computer systems operations.
• Diagnose, analyze and recommend solutions for a wide range of hardware and software problems
• Liaise with SSC agents and Departmental technical resources to resolve problems, escalate and track issues to their resolution utilizing using various service management systems or Issue Log documents in Share Point
• Attempt to resolve problems and follow established procedures by assigning and tracking problem tickets to second or third level support for resolution
• Provide Help Desk information technology support via telephone and email regarding problems with hardware, commercial off the shelf software applications and their versions, Corporate Application software, network connectivity, client server applications, mainframe applications, Blackberry and Samsung issues, Email issues etc.
• Follow up with users to ensure reported issues have been resolved
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, in both official languages, while discussing issues with users in technical or non-technical terms.
• Clearance: Enhanced Reliability
• Language: Bilingual (English & French Fluent)
• Must hold a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from Project Management Institute (PMI); OR a Prince2 Certification
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience including two (2) years of experience in Canadian Federal departments in:
o Tasks or assignments associated with managing program delivery or service delivery; or
o Tasks or assignments associated with leading a team, managing projects to improve business process or developing IT application for business improvement; or
o Tasks or assignments associated with planning and control of programs of projects for government programs.
• Experience leading a team or project managing IT agile application development projects or process improvement projects in the following areas:
o Performing or leading options analysis using technical and non- technical criteria;
o Gathering of information and analyzing business functional requirements;
o Developing implementation and support strategies for IT applications;
o Developing client acceptance testing strategies, test scenarios and scripts; or
o Developing data migration strategies, and plans.
• A minimum of one (1) year experience within the last five (5) years using various project management methods, techniques and tools, including:
o Project Integration Management;
o Agile Project Scope Management;
o Project Time Management;
o Project Cost Management;
o Project Quality Management;
o Project Risk Management
• Experience in facilitating and leading group discussion using techniques such as:
o Interview technique
o Brainstorming or nominal session
o JAD session
o Workshop/ working session
• Experience within the last ten (10) years in updating and maintaining the following:
o functional requirements;
o business requirement documents;
o business use cases;
o data definition and requirements matrix;
o test cases, test scripts, test scenarios;
o test requirement matrix for User Acceptance Testing.
• Experience developing implementation strategies including support model, training and data migration.
Type of assignment:
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.