About the role:
We are proud to be a leader in training services and excited to present this tremendous opportunity! Calian provides training to members of the Canadian Forces through our Canadian Forces School of Aerospace Technology and Engineering (CFSATE) contract.
For over 10 years our employees have been providing a wide variety of professional services including Courseware design and development, Instructional services, IT support and technical and engineering training in accordance with aviation and military approved doctrine and standards.
The Instructional Design Officer tasks may include and may not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Analyze, design and evaluate training programs for the Royal Canadian Air Force
- Develop training material (in class and on-line / eLearning)
- Conduct and advise on validation activities
- Advise on training documentation
- Assist on the development of assessment plans and assessment instruments
- Assist instructors in developing instructional skills
- Assist in the implementation of mentoring programs
- Design and conduct instructional techniques workshops
- Monitor and evaluate training
- Propose, monitor and evaluate performance improvement interventions
- Instruct as required
- Advise on learning technologies
- Promote relevant training and education system innovation
- Supervise instructional developers and personnel in instructional development as needed.
For Civilian-Trained Personnel:
a. Undergraduate or post-graduate degree is required from a recognized institution (preference given to candidates who have specialized in Education or Distance Learning)
b. Must have 2 years experience in full time instruction in adult education and
c. Must have 2 years experience in design, development and implementation of Instructional Programs and Distributed Learning.
For Canadian Forces Trained Personnel:
a. Qualified Training Development Officer (CF qualification code AGDA).
Type of assignment:
Full Time ContractCalian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.