About the role:
Our client’s Information Technology Services team is seeking an Information Security Analyst to develop and maintain cybersecurity awareness and education across the organization to ensure a community of confident cybercitizens. The IS Analyst shares expert knowledge, stories, and insights to foster a secure-aware culture while advocating for information security.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to explore the cybersecurity landscape and evolve programs to address ever-changing threats. As part of the IT Strategy and Architecture team that is transforming the digital landscape to further research, and administrative goals, the IS Analyst delivers security awareness training through extensive coordination and collaboration throughout the organization. You will also develop measurement criteria for evaluating the performance of the organization’s Information Security Management Program and associated services and respond with new or revised policy instruments as required.
If you are an experienced technologist who is creative and curious, if you enjoy working with people with diverse perspectives, and if you have a deep appreciation for the value of a secure information and technology environment, consider joining the Information Technology Services team as the Information Security
• Cybersecurity Education and Awareness
• Information Security Program Management Support
• Governance, Risk and Compliance Support
• Language: English
• University degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Cybersecurity Management, or related field with a minimum of 3 years experience in a security related role.
• Completion or working toward a recognized security certification such as CISSP, CSX or GSEC.
• Experience with enterprise level information security is considered an asset.
• Analyst experience in Information Technology domains of practice such as networks, applications, database management at the enterprise level.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including experience in writing technical documentation.
• Experience delivering security awareness information to general users.
• Experience configuring technology (e.g. operating systems, applications, database).
• Knowledge of access principles and role-based access, threat risk assessment methodologies, risk management principles and procedures, disaster recovery and enterprise high-availability, attack scenarios and preventative security practices.
• Knowledge of cybersecurity standards and frameworks (e.g. NIST, Cloud Security Alliance), information security products, and data protection techniques.
• Understands the IT industry best practices, and resources to ensure continuous optimization of delivery effectiveness.
• Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Type of assignment:
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3,000 professionals working on projects that span Canada, U.S. and international markets. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services as well as within the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex systems to the communications and defence sectors. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.