Information/Records Management/Recordkeeping Specialist (Intermediate)
About the role:
Are you an experienced and enthusiastic Records Keeping Specialist? If so, Calian is looking for you! The resource will perform the following job duties:
• Collecting, crating, receiving and/or capturing information;
• Organizing, using, and/or disseminating information;
• Maintaining, storing and/or preserving information;
• Disposing of information;
• Coordinating management of an organization's information-based resources, including its information holdings and investment in technology;
• Planning, directing and controlling all of the organization's information-based resources to meet corporate goals and to deliver programs and services;
• Coordinating of information storage requirements and interface with Information Technology;
• Providing document and records management;
• Coordinating Access to Information and Privacy Act requirements;
• Defining produce business requirement document.
• Conducting subject-specific research in the archival holdings of federal departments and agencies;
• Producing professional research reports based on detailed research into federal records;
• Developing, organizing, monitoring, conducting and reporting on sustained archival research projects;
• Identifying, classifying, archiving, preserving, and destroying records;
The right candidate will possess the following:
• Minimum of one year of demonstrated experience using RDIMS or GCDocs within the last three years
• Must have a minimum of one year within the last five years of demonstrated experience in managing documentation that is either controlled under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program or the US International Traffic and Arms Regulation
• Must demonstrate a minimum of five years of experience within the last ten years in managing a technical data resource centre, including at a minimum: managing access control, track document status, controlling organizational structure of data/resource centre, etc.
• Must demonstrate a minimum of five (5) years of experience within the past ten (10) years as of bid closing, working in the field of Data Management in all of the following areas:
o Determining file plans* for technical data included at a minimum, but not limited to: drawings, test plans, procedures, reports and design change proposals.
o Following and providing improvement recommendations of standard operating procedures
o Managing the physical storage of documents.
o Processing of document deliverables including: Preparing and sending acknowledgement of receipts, file downloading of documents, and distributing deliverables to intended recipient.
• Must demonstrate a minimum of one year of experience within the last five years navigating and inputting data in Telelogic DOORS.
• Must demonstrate a minimum of two years within the last five years of work experience in an engineering environment
• Must have a minimum of three years within the last ten years of demonstrated experience in the application of Configuration Management. This includes, but is not limited to, control/processing of technical information to ensure it follows configuration management processes such revision control.
Type of assignment:
Full time contract position
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.