Our valued client is seeking the assistance of a junior/intermediate IT support specialist to support common use systems at their large operational headquarters, which would include hardware, software and network support.
Some of the position tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Install, configure, support and maintain computer hardware/software in a multiple-server, network environment;
• Install, configure and maintain industry specific hardware/software applications.
• Diagnose and provide solutions to computer problems, workstations, fileservers, communication servers, hubs, routers, switches, firewalls and other connectivity related equipment; maintain and troubleshoot WAN/LAN (wide area network/local area network) systems;
• Apply operating system updates, patches and configuration changes; Perform back-ups;
• Provide immediate resolution to help desk service requests within a timely manner.
• Completion of a post-secondary school education in Computer Technology, Computing Science or in a related discipline OR possess a secondary school diploma with a minimum of three (3) years related experience;
• Knowledge of operating systems and applications, as well as hardware and software troubleshooting;
• Excellent communication skills in English – bilingualism (English and French) is an asset.
• Must be eligible for a security clearance.
Type of Assignment:
• Full Time (Contract)
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.