About the role:
• Provide network operations support for the backend infrastructure of our customer’s lab operations.
• Perform incident/alert troubleshooting, problem analysis, and provide high quality solutions to technical issues and service request.
• Contribute to the creation of cost effective solutions through activities in design, planning and deployment.
• Develop and us pro-active measures to maintain a stable environment and optimizes as necessary.
• Contribute to implementing continuous improvements by collecting users’ feedback.
• Execute Root Cause Analysis (RCA) related to failed deliveries and incidents.
• Installation, commissioning, optimization and life cycle management experience of new and existing IP network components (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.).
• Experience with routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, ISIS, LDP, MPLS-VPN (Layer3).
• Experience in IP, Ethernet, VLAN, L2/L3 Protocols and 802.1x standards.
• Experience in IPsec, GRE, NAT, IPv6.
• Experienced with SSLVPN (SA appliances from Juniper).
• Deep understanding of IP networking protocols and technologies like TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, AAA, HTTP, LDAP, SNMP, NTP, FTP.
• Basic knowledge of UNIX O/S (Solaris, Linux) and scripting (shell or Perl or Python).
• Experience in installation and commissioning of Juniper switches (EX and QFX types).
• Experience with IP network monitoring and management tools (IPAM, NMS, etc...).
Type of assignment:
Contract, full time – 6 months to start plus ongoing extensions every 6 months
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.