Do you like technology and all things IT related? Do you like working with your hands?
The Helpdesk Specialist position is the role for you! You will be responsible for providing IT services which comprises of Operations, Requirements and Client Services subsections.
Typical Tasks of the Helpdesk Specialist:
- Provide 1st line IT support to CFB Borden users working on the Defence Wide Area Network (DWAN), the General Purpose Network (GPNet), Internet connected and standalone systems;
- Receive, diagnose and resolve incidents as per provided procedures;
- Provide client assistance in person, via telephone or via remote tools such as Proxy or Windows Remote Assistance;
- Receive and fulfill or route service requests to the appropriate 2nd line provider; Configure software; Administer network and email accounts;
- Document all incidents and SRs and actions pertaining to incidents and SRs in the provided ITSM tool as per provided procedures;
- Install, administer and maintain Windows 7 operating system and Office 2013;
- Document configuration item changes in a configuration management database (CMDB); and
- Provide verbal and written reports on problems and resolutions for IT services.
- 1 year experience as a help desk or service desk analyst, providing remote (via telephone, remote computer or connection) user desktop IT support for Windows XP or Windows 7 in a large (over 5,000 users) enterprise, corporate or Government environment.
- 1 year of experience using an Information technology Service Management (ITSM) tool such as Axios Assyst, Magic or Remedy in a help desk or service desk environment.
- 2 year College diploma* for Computer Systems Technician Networking, Programmer Analyst or similar program such as Computer Support Technician.
Type of Assignment:
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.