Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
About the role:
Calian is seeking Health Services Policy Analyst for Health Services Care Delivery re-Design to work at the Directorate Health Services Strategy Modernization Initiative, In Garrison Care Revitalization section.
• reviewing and updating Canadian Forces Dental Orders and Canadian Forces Health Services Instructions related to the practice of primary care and dentistry and the military dental and medical clinic models
• reviewing clinical guidelines related to the practice of primary care and dentistry and the military medical and dental clinic models
• participating in the dental and primary care delivery re-design exercise and providing input in the review, update and rewrite of the policy, orders, instructions in support of the modernized model
• supporting health services policy related activities being conducted by members of In Garrison Care Revitalization team for primary care model design and medical service deliver model design
• Medical degree from an accredited medical program
• Certification in Family Medicine from the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP)
• Minimum of 5 years’ clinical experience in a military primary care clinic
• Experience in reading, interpreting and writing policy
Type of Assignment: Full time or part time contract available
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.