About the role:
Calian is proud to work with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) to provide healthcare services to current and prospective regular members. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs individuals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of regular members.
The healthcare team located at RCMP F and Depot Division in Regina, SK is seeking a Health Services Officer to join the team to provide occupational health services to current and prospective members.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Performing Periodic Health Assessments (PHAs), reviewing results and assigning a medical profile to employees based upon objective determinations of fitness for duty in accordance with occupational health standards and policies.
• Performing applicant PHAs, reviewing results of PHAs, psychological reports and assigning medical profile in accordance with the applicant standards. Responsible for coordinating any further follow-up or evaluative assessments when any area of the assessment shows concern; and to follow policies and procedure, which may include the requirement to respond to requests for information.
• Performing return to work evaluations after absence, illness or injury.
• Determining occupational suitability of members and their families for overseas, isolated and liaison officer postings.
• Reviewing medical information to substantiate medical leave requests and providing occupational health recommendations, including review of treatment plans, return to work capabilities, permanent or temporary limitations and restrictions.
• Providing recommendation to the Integrated Services Committee (ISC) regarding a member's suitability to return to work.
• Making recommendations toward administrative discharge in the event that a member is no longer capable, due to medical illness or condition, of performing work, when necessary.
• Reviewing individual requests for extensions of ongoing benefits/treatment modalities and medical investigations and/or treatments that have been provided or recommended by the member’s health care provider for coverage under the customer’s program.
• Advising management and employees with regard to health problems and work environment, including health hazards and statutory requirements.
• Providing health hazard identification, assessments, investigation and related medical surveillance.
• Counseling and educating members occupying high-risk positions in relation to medical advice.
• Liaising with external healthcare providers as well as providing direction and guidance to the health services team, including nurses, psychologists and administrative staff.
• Establishing prevention and immunization programs.
• Participating in multi-disciplinary team meetings.
• Providing medical expertise, including advice on standards, policy and program evaluation, surveillance methods, peer review of publications, monographs, research results, etc.; may be required to prepare briefings and media materials and respond to external requests for information.
• Licensed and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan
• 5 years within the last 10 years of clinical experience
Type of Assignment:
• Full time contract
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.