Full Stack Developer
About the role:
We are seeking a Full Stack Developer resource to contribute to, and participate regularly in the Software Development Life Cycle methodology that the team uses, for implementation of enterprise wide solutions
• Analyzing, recommending, and designing highly complex software architecture
• Developing and updating architectural framework for highly complex and confidential university-wide applications
• Writing complex technical code
• Evaluating programming code to ensure it has validity, compatibility, and that it meets appropriate standards
• Commenting on programming code for the purposes of standardization and consistency
• Analyzing, recommending and designing technical solutions for highly complex IT problems
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum five years relevant experience in applications development; JAVA and Angular experience is required.
• Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams in highly complex projects.
• Extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods for providing Performant Visual Effects and AODA.
• Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in systems.
• Demonstrated ability to work within tight timelines; ability to problem-solve technical issues, exercise good judgment, ability to work effectively independently as part of a team.
• Excellent client service skills, ability to communicate effectively and accurately both orally and in writing, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to persons with limited technical backgrounds.
Type of Assignment:
1 Year Contract, Full Time
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.