Foot Care Nurse
Calian is currently seeking an experienced Foot Care Nurse (RPN) to provide services at Grand Valley Institution in Kitchener, Ontario. Working within a mixed security correctional facility you will provide foot care services to inmates in a safe and secure environment.
In this role, you will attend to client’s foot care needs, with a focus on Diabetes, in accordance with consultation referrals from institutional physicians. Scheduling of each visit will be done on an as needed basis to a maximum of two 3 hours shifts. Every 4-6 weeks depending on request from facility
Candidates interested in this role must meet the following qualifications:
• Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Foot Care Certification (Basic and or Advanced Foot Care Courses)
• Minimum of 2 years of experience (within the last 5 years) providing Foot Care to patients with a history of Diabetes
• Must be able to provide own equipment including biological strip indicator testing as required
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Willingness to travel to all locations and work flexible hours
• Current CPR certificate
Calian encourages all interested candidates to apply for immediate consideration.
#LI-JD1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.