About the role:
Calian is currently seeking experienced Foot Care Nurse(s) (RPN) to provide mobile foot care services at various Institutions within Central Ontario. Clinics in need of coverage are located in Gravenhurst, Kitchener and Warkworth, ON. Working within a mixed security correctional facility you will provide foot care services to inmates in a safe and secure environment. We are happy to consider individuals who can over partial coverage or complete coverage.
In this role, you will attend to clients foot care needs, with a focus on Diabetes, in accordance with consultation referrals from institutional physicians.
Candidates interested in this role must meet the following qualifications:
• Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Foot Care Certification (Basic and or Advanced Foot Care Courses)
• Minimum of 2 years of experience (within the last 5 years) providing Foot Care to patients with a history of Diabetes
• Must have own reliable transportation
• Must be able to provide own equipment including biological strip indicator testing as required
• Effective problem-solving skills
• A current CPR certificate
Calian encourages all interested candidates to apply for immediate consideration.
A Foot Care Nurse is needed to provide care to patients located at Correctional Institutions in Gravenhurst, Kitchener and Warkworth, Ontario.
You will be responsible for attending foot care clinics and providing care in accordance with consultation referrals from the Physician. Services will include the use of Biological indicator strip testing in addition to general infection control procedures.
You will maintain health records and ensure the sterilization and maintenance of tools and equipment.
This role can be filled with one Nurse travelling to all the locations, or shared among 2 and 3 Nurses in the separate regions.
• Licensed with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• 2 years of experience in the last 5 years providing Foot Care to patients in the community including patients with a history of diabetes
• Must have sterilization and equipment cleaning tools
• Must have your own vehicle
Type of assignment:
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.