About the role:
• Develop embedded C/C++ software, including enhancements of existing software, development of new features, and support of new hardware.
• Participate in all stages of software development, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, test, and maintenance.
• Identify software performance improvements through test driven development, automated unit testing, and comprehensive integration testing.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and work with hardware, software and system engineers to identify the root cause.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in engineering, computer science, or a related discipline.
• Software development expertise, particularly large-scale embedded software development in C/C++ on Linux and VxWorks.
• Experience with some or all the following transport and/or data technologies: MPLS Protocols, Segment Routing, MPLS OAM, BGP-LU, BGP-PIC, Layer 3 Routing, IS-IS, RSVP-TE, ISIS, OSPF, Layer 2 VPN, Layer-3 VPN, EVPN.
Type of assignment:
Permanent, full time
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.