About the role:
• Operating a test station;
• Working with automated test equipment;
• Manual alignment of optical components;
• Use of automated equipment to assist with epoxy die attach and the relevant recipe development;
• Use of a programmable wire bonder for completion of electrical contact circuitry required to operate the device;
• Working with Programmable Software.
• Electrical Technologist Diploma or Electrical Engineering Degree
• Troubleshooting skills with experience working and repairing a variety of electrical equipment;
• Experience with technical drawings, wiring diagrams etc.;
• Experience programming microcontrollers;
• Clean room lab experience is considered an asset;
• Experience handling small, fragile optical components.
Type of assignment:
Contract, full time – 4-6 months plus option for extension
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.