About the role:
Are you someone who likes to put their electrical (systems and equipment) knowledge for the greater good?
If so, this position is definitely for YOU! As the Electrical Systems Engineer you will be responsible to support of targetry and virtual simulation team, and to bridge a gap in capability to carry-out the recommendations by the support project management support organisation in conducting project work more effectively and efficiently. You will provide materiel management, engineering and integration and contracting support to the simulation team.
Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Prepare technical and contract documentation (Statements of Work, Contract and Bid Evaluation Plan, Request for Proposals, etc.) and Engineering Reports for review and approval.
• Perform Configuration Management (CM) functions.
• Provide comments on contractor financial and technical proposals, manuals and reports.
• Verify that contractor hardware and software conform to the equipment performance specifications.
• Witness and evaluate formal hardware and software testing performed by contractor.
• Review technical risks and integration issues and recommend mitigation plans.
• Investigate system upgrades to reduce operating costs and increase equipment life.
• Provide support to the LCMM, which includes providing engineering reviews and advice to the LCMM during software changes, assisting the LCMM with the monitoring and distribution of hardware and crafting the documentation (i.e. contracts, purchase orders) necessary if additional spare parts are needed.
• Provide support and liaise with project team ensuring new incoming equipment is successfully planned for migration into the in-service environment.
If you're still interested, you must possess the following:
• Must have a government of Canada Secret Level II clearance
• Be able to conduct at least two of the following engineering tasks:
o Coordinating the inspection of the installation, modification, testing and operation of electrical and electronic systems and equipment
o Developing maintenance and operating standards for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
o Coordinating the investigation into electrical or electronic failures
o Coordinating out research into the design, operation and performance of electrical generation and distribution networks, or electrical equipment and components; or electrical machinery, components and circuits
Type of Assignment:
#LI-TT1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.