About the role:
Do you take special pride in making sure user interaction and experience is positive? If so, then this is the position for you!
You will be responsible for providing course management and course delivery to military personnel within The Department of National Defence or the Canadian Forces School of Aerospace Technology and Engineering (CFSATE).
The position will require you to be responsible for the production of web-based media for both the Internet and Intranet, and e-Learning development services.
Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Program E-Learning product elements in accordance with Instructional Design standards, including: Interactive elements and Multi-media elements
• Assist in both face-to-face and virtual-based instructional design and collaborative group activities (i.e. story boarding)
• Designing and programming database applications for E-Learning projects
• Test interactive e-Learning courseware on various delivery platforms/e-Learning environments (e.g. Web Based Training)
• Produce web-based material for dissemination on the Internet and/or Intranet using a wide range of authoring tools
• Develop eLearning project components such as:
o A User Interface in accordance with the Style Guide
o Pseudo-code and meta data templates
o Advanced Java Script course elements
o A Maintenance Guide that provides information relevant to modifying and maintaining the end product
o SCORM conformance and usability testing
If you're still interested, you need the following:
• Post-secondary diploma in web-based development of courseware, computer modeling and animation, computer science, information technology, or information management
• Developed at least 2 computer based or web based E-Learning courses within the last 2 years
• Knowledge of Content Packaging Standards and Specifications for share-ability (i.e. SCORM, IEEE, IMS, AICC, 3D Studio Max, Storyline2, etc.)
• Experience working with various software tools, such as: Adobe, Storyline, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Lectora, Captivate or 3D Studio Max
• Government of Canada (PSPC) Secret Clearance (we can initiate if you don't hold one)
Type of Assignment:
Contract, Full time
#LI-ST1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.