Are you a professional driver, looking to stay closer to home?
We have a great opportunity for a skilled and fully-licensed driving instructor to work with our team out of CFB Borden.
The successful candidate will instruct incoming Canadian Forces personnel on driving a variety of vehicles, including (but not limited to): buses; 5-ton trucks; airbrake instruction; G-Wagons; or forklifts.
Of note: working hours may occasionally fall outside of normal business hours (including some evening and weekend requirements).
- Providing instruction in the knowledge and skills needed to perform regular driving duties within the Canadian Forces;
- Preparing lesson plans;
- Assisting other instructors in training activities requiring more than one instructor;
- Counselling students on their progress;
- Maintaining and updating student files; and
- Performing student assessments.
The successful candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a valid provincial driver’s license (G or equivalent);
- Hold a valid Government of Canada security clearance;
- Hold a valid First Aid certification;
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a professional driver (including experience where driving company vehicles was included in the job description); and
- A work history that includes a cumulative minimum of 1 years’ experience as a driving instructor.
The following qualifications are not essential but are desirable:
- Additional or specialized provincial driving licenses (ex. Ontario class A, D, B, C, E, F);
- Bilingualism (English and French)
Type of assignment:
This is a full-time contract opportunity, offering competitive compensation (including benefits).
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.