Directory Services Consultant (NetIQ/Novell & AD)
About the role:
Coordinate activities related Technical & Business SMEs in the development and implementation of MS Active Directory/Forefront Identity Manager as part of the Directory Services Project:
• Assist in migration from NetIQ eDirectory/IM to MS Active Directory/Forefront Identity Manager
• Assist in all PM activities to build and Implement Microsoft ADCS Enterprise Public Key Infrastructure (Certificate Authorities, Certificate management)
The Directory Services Strategic Consultant is responsible for:
• Concept: assist in identifying the high key business metrics, Current State and Desired State
• Definition: assist with organize resources, budgets, schedule, stakeholder & risk register – elaborate on current and desired state
• Planning: assist with WBS, key messaging, project meetings, tracking budget, schedule, risks, stakeholder management, test plan, procurement tracking and monitoring, etc.
• Execution: coordinate effective reporting (risk, scope, quality, schedule, cost, opportunities), change control, documentation (processes, run books, etc.), training, change management, effective delivery, testing, Quality assurance
• Close: Lessons learned, formal transition to operations and administrative close out
• University/Community College degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering, Business/Marketing/Communication or equivalent a definite asset. Applicable Certifications in Business Process Mapping, Change Management, Risk Management, Communication, Project Management or equivalent a definite asset.
• Ability to coordinate the design, deployment and migration to a new Directory Service, including Identity Management and Public Key Infrastructure components, in a complex, heterogeneous Technology and Business Application Environment
• Clear understanding of Business/Technical Requirements, Statement of Work, and Strategic Plan creation as they apply to projects. Solid understanding of System Development Life Cycle, Project/Product and other methodologies
• Project or Product Management experience in all facets of technology implementation (unit, functional, integration, system, regression, penetration, and performance) is required
• Procurement, Financial/Risk analysis and tracking, Business analysis and Marketing experience in large enterprise environment is a definite asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in assisting with strategy creation and execution for a large project/program.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
• Ability to drive collaborative consensus in a complex business environment
• Demonstrated expertise in the field of Infrastructure Architecture, planning, and execution.
• Strong knowledge of NetIQ eDirectory/IM and Microsoft Active Directory DS/FIM, including Exchange and third-party application integrations
• Strong knowledge of Communication concepts in the context of Microsoft products and associated value proposition is desired
• Experience in Cloud Technologies, IaaS, PaaS, etc. is an asset
• Thorough understanding of Cash Flow analysis, budgeting and general financial management.
Type of assignment:
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.