Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
About the role:
Diagnostic Medical Sonographers provide diagnostic imaging services to radiologists, specialists, physicians and other health care providers. The images are used to diagnose and treat medical and surgical conditions or injury and disease.
The primary responsibilities of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers are to:
• provide patient care;
• produce diagnostic examinations;
• maintain equipment, accessories and supplies; and
• maintain a Quality Assurance Program.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographers operate ultrasound equipment, such as static and portable ultrasound units, and work in fully-equipped clinics in diagnostic imaging services as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Patients are seen as booked appointments as well as walk-ins for sick parade and urgent cases.
All Diagnostic Medical Sonographers must possess, as a minimum:
• a certification from and current membership (Full Practice Membership) with Sonography Canada; and
• a Certificate of Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider or equivalent such as Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation/Automated External Defibrillator (CPR/AED) Level C. Annual recertification is required.
The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer must have a minimum of 2 years of experience:
• working in a clinic or hospital as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer performing general, special, emergency and interventional ultrasound examinations;
• applying Diagnostic Imaging quality assurance and quality control practices and programs; and
• operating and maintaining digital imaging equipment and accessories such as ultrasound equipment, Radiology Information Systems, Computed Radiography, and Picture Archival and Communication Systems.
Type of Assignment: Contract, Full Time
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.