About the role:
Are you a self professed technology guru who prides themselves on delivering great customer service?
If so, the Desktop/Deskside Support Specialist position is for you! You will be responsible for providing technical support to our network users with a high degree of customer service and timeliness. In addition, you will assist with maintaining our servers and network infrastructure.
Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Providing support to end users for computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues
• Coordinating with other teams or departments to resolve user problems
• Responding to telephone, email and in person requests for technical support
• Documenting, tracking, and monitoring the technical issues using applicable systems and tools
• Assisting in the installation, maintenance, and general support of systems
• Assisting in system\data backups and recoveries
If you're still interested, you must possess the following:
• 2 year College Diploma or equivalent as well as 2 years+ relevant experience
• Experience with a ITIL Based Ticketing System
• Worked within a Windows Active Directory environment
• Experience supporting Microsoft Windows 10
• Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada Secret Level II clearance
The following will be considered desirable experience:
• Experience with Microsoft Server Administration (2008 R2, 2012 R2)
• Worked with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365
• Support of VOIP Phone Systems
• Experience supporting Smartphones use and management (i.e. iPhone, Android and Blackberry)
• Knowledge of Intel Based Servers (HP ProLiant and Dell PowerEdge)
Type of Assignment:
#LI-TT1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.